A Jackie Susmann Original Recipe
It’s sweet. It’s savory. It’s full of protein. It’s the healthful chicken salad that you won’t throw out after it spends 3 months in the back of the fridge. You’ll eat it all. I promise.
I can’t get enough of this chicken salad. I prep it almost every single week, and find myself eating a bowl of it for dinner, packing smaller portions for my late afternoon desk snacks, and even eating a few heaping spoonfuls before heading out the door to the gym.
It. Is. So. Good.
Prep time: 25 minutes. Cook time: 20 minutes. Makes 3 meal sized servings.
6 tbsp. Dijon mustard
Juice from 3 lemons
1 ½ tbsp. raw honey
¼ cup of olive oil
1 can of chunk chicken (for vegetarian version, substitute one can of garbanzo beans)
25 seedless red grapes, halved
¼ cup sliced almonds
1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
1 medium head of broccoli, divided into florets
1 medium head of cauliflower, divided into florets
2 large avocados, pitted and cubed
1 tbsp. of flax seeds
6 oz. plain goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- On a large cookie sheet, drizzle olive oil on broccoli and cauliflower florets, set aside until oven reaches 400°F, place in oven for 15 minutes or until florets begin to brown, pull and let cool for 5 minutes
- In a large sealable bowl, whisk mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, and raw honey until smooth
- Toss chunk chicken (or garbanzo beans), grapes, almonds, quinoa, and avocado in the dressing
- Toss in roasted broccoli and cauliflower to mixture
- Sprinkle flax seeds on your salad
- Seal container and place in refrigerator overnight
- Serve cold, topped with crumbled goat cheese and the juice of half a lemon drizzled on top
Do you have a recipe you can’t get enough of? Comment below!